Contest open for submissions: Monday, Sept. 18 – Sunday, Oct. 1
Judging: Monday, Oct. 2 – Friday, Oct. 6
Prizes: Bama Cash
- Best of Building – $25
- Best Suite Style Room – $50
- Best Traditional Hall Room – $50 (per roommate)
- Best Suite/Apartment – $50 (per roommate)
Prizes awarded: Monday, Oct. 9
How to enter:
- Decorate your space.
- Take pictures that show off how awesome it is.
- Go to http://bit.ly/2foH1O5.
- Fill out form and attach 3-5 of your best images and submit.
Category descriptions are as follows:
Best of Building: Best entry from each building, regardless of category.
Best Suite Style Room: Best individual bedroom decoration in a suite style hall.
Best Traditional Hall Room: Best bedroom (single or double) decoration in a traditional style hall.
Best Suite/Apartment: Best decoration for an entire suite/apartment. Will include decoration for bedrooms, bathrooms, and all shared space.
All submissions will be under consideration for Best of Building. Submissions will be considered for the category represented in the photos provided (i.e. submitting pictures throughout a suite will be considered for Best Suite/Apartment, where submitting pictures of just a bedroom in a suite will be considered Best Suite Style Room). Multiple entries are accepted if you would like to apply for both Best Suite and Best Suite Style Room.
By entering the contest, students agree to the terms and conditions below:
- All photos are in compliance with Community Living Standards.
- Entering the contest grants Housing and Residential Communities at The University of Alabama a perpetual, royalty-free license to use, alter, modify, distribute and brand all media gathered for their purposes at their discretion.
- Only registered undergraduate students who are also on-campus residents are eligible to enter.
- Only one entry per bedroom (single and double rooms count as one bedroom and one entry). You must have all roommates (sharing the same bedroom only) agree to participate in the contest, suitemates need not participate. To enter into the suite category, all suitemates must agree to participate and be listed above.
- Your submission must include 3 – 5 photos of your room.
- All entries will be reviewed and a selection of them may be chosen for the final judging. Rooms to be judged will be contacted via email to set up a proper time to see the room during the week of October 2.
- A panel of judges will choose winners based on creativity, use of color, school spirit, theme, and overall design.
- In order to be judged, at least one roommate must be available in the room during judging. If you are not available during any of the available judging times, you may submit additional photos, and HRC will judge your space from your photo submissions.
- Housing staff, including Community Directors, Resident Advisors, and Freshman Advisors.
- Winners will be reported to The University of Alabama for tax purposes.
- HRC reserves the right to not award a prize in a specific building if there are less than four submissions from that building.
- Prizes will be awarded for the following: Best Suite Style Room, Best Traditional Hall Room, Best Suite/Apartment, and Best of Building for Blount, Bryant, Bryce Lawn, Burke, Friedman, Harris, The Highlands, Lakeside, Parham, Paty, Presidential I, Presidential II, Ridgecrest East & West, Ridgecrest South, Riverside, and Tutwiler.