- Consider room size when packing. Space in the residence halls is relatively limited. We suggest packing lightly and picking up additional items at a later time.
- Label ALL belongings with your name, building, room number and phone number. Get printable packing labels that can be taped to your boxes.
- Fold hanging clothes and bring hangers separately. Clothes do not fit well on the moving carts and may get dirty on Move-In Day.
- Wait to shop for groceries and supplies. These supplies take up valuable space in vehicles. Consider meeting your roommate(s) upon arrival to determine what supplies are needed.
- Leave winter clothes at home. Due to limited storage space, consider exchanging summer clothes for winter clothes during trips home. Bring one blanket, though, as the temperature in some residence halls is controlled centrally and there may be a brief spell of cold weather.
- Contact your roommate(s) ahead of time, so you don’t bring two of everything.
What to Bring
- Academic supplies
- Computer, laptop, or tablet
- Laundry basket and supplies
- Towels, washcloths, and toiletry items
- Cleaning supplies
- Trash can and bags
- Kitchen supplies
- Insurance information (health and renters)
- Photo identification
What NOT to Bring
- Trailer or moving trucks
- Alcohol or alcohol containers
- Candles or incense
- Pets, except fish/approved service animals
- Space heaters
- Heating cooking appliance, other than a microwave
- Halogen lamps (all styles)
- Weapons, fireworks, or explosives
- Tobacco, vapes, and e-cigarettes
- Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia
For a full list to help you in the packing process, view and print our complete suggested packing list.Suggested Packing List