Blount Driving Directions
Green – Route to Building
Yellow – Check in and unloading zone
Red – Path to Parking
- From the intersection of Lurleen Wallace Blvd. and University Blvd. (33.209079, -87.571041 on Google Maps), turn East on University Blvd., toward UA Campus.
- In 1 mile, turn Left onto Campus Drive W.
- Follow sign turning Right into Ridgecrest South/Blount/Paty staging area (Ten Hoor Surface Parking Lot).
- From here, staff will direct you to Unloading Zone.
- When UA staff signal for you to proceed to your building, turn Right out of the parking lot and proceed to the stop sign at the bottom of the hill.
- Turn Left at the stop sign.
- Remain in the Right lane until you reach the top of the hill.
- At the top of the hill, staff will direct you to turn Left as you enter the parking lot.
- You are now in the unloading queue.
- Housing staff will greet you and give you a blank emergency contact card. While you are waiting for your turn to unload, fill out the emergency contact card. This will speed up your check-in process.
- Staff and volunteers will assist with unloading belongings from your vehicle and transporting everything to the resident’s room. We ask that the driver remain with the vehicle while the resident is checking in and unloading.
- Once the vehicle is unloaded, the driver will need to immediately leave the unloading zone and proceed to the appropriate parking location. Only the resident may check in, parents/guardians will not be permitted to check in on the resident’s behalf. If the resident is also the only available driver, please let our staff know as you approach the unloading zone so that arrangements can be made.
- Exiting Unloading Zone, continue on 2nd
- Turn Left onto Marrs Spring Rd.
- In 0.2 miles, turn Right onto Campus Drive W.
- In 0.1 miles, parking is on your left at Ten Hoor Surface Lot
- Shuttle Service will take you back to Blount.