End of Fall 2020
Residence halls close for winter break at 10 a.m. CST on Saturday, December 13. We allow students to leave all of their belongings if returning to UA for spring semester. Students will receive an email with information about how to leave their room for the break period. More information about residence hall availability after November 20 will be provided to students soon.
End of Spring 2021
More information will be available in the spring.
Moving Out Completely?
To avoid charges:
- Take all belongings
- Empty all drawers and closets
- Clean and vacuum/sweep/mop the floor
- Wipe down the bathrooms and kitchen in suite-style rooms
- Take out the trash
- Empty, clean, dry, and defrost microfridge/refrigerator
- Unbunk beds (if applicable)
- Remove everything from the floors, walls, ceiling, etc.
- Unplug all electrical appliances, turn the lights off, lock the windows, and shut the blinds
- Turn heat/A/C unit to low
- Check out with your RA once you remove all belongings have been removed
Things to remember:
- UA collects and auctions all unclaimed bikes.
- Donate gently used items to charity.
- Use the area near the dumpsters to discard other unwanted items.
- After you turn in your keys, you no longer have access to your room.
Review the list of damage charges for charges applied to your student account if your room has been damaged or furniture is damaged or missing.
HRC does not provide summer storage or storage of belongings prior to Move-In.