End of Spring 2021
Students must move out of their residence hall room within 24 hours of their last exam. The residence halls will close completely at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 1. Graduating students may remain until 6 p.m. on May 1. Residents should check their Crimson email for up-to-date information on move out.
Moving Out Completely?
To avoid charges:
- Take all belongings
- Empty all drawers and closets
- Clean and vacuum/sweep/mop the floor
- Wipe down the bathrooms and kitchen in suite-style rooms
- Take out the trash
- Empty, clean, dry, and defrost microfridge/refrigerator
- Unbunk beds (if applicable)
- Remove everything from the floors, walls, ceiling, etc.
- Unplug all electrical appliances, turn the lights off, lock the windows, and shut the blinds
- Turn heat/A/C unit to low
- Check out with your RA once you remove all belongings have been removed
Things to remember:
- UA collects and auctions all unclaimed bikes.
- Donate gently used items to charity.
- Use the area near the dumpsters to discard other unwanted items.
- After you turn in your keys, you no longer have access to your room.
Review the list of damage charges for charges applied to your student account if your room has been damaged or furniture is damaged or missing.
HRC does not provide summer storage or storage of belongings prior to Move-In.