On-campus housing is not guaranteed beyond freshman year, except for students who must live on campus, including students with housing scholarships that are required to be used on campus, and certain HRC staff and athletes. HRC considers individual students’ extenuating circumstances in determining who can live on campus.
The Housing Interest Form for Academic Year 22-23 is no longer available.
Based on current demand for housing, we do not have additional space on campus for upperclassmen, transfer or graduate students. There are excellent resources available through Off-Campus Resources in the Dean of Students’ office, and we encourage you to take advantage of them. Additionally, the off-campus housing website will be very helpful.
- On January 5, 2022, the housing application and a housing interest form will open in the myHousing portal at 9 a.m. CST.
- Students who are guaranteed housing will be able to complete the housing application. A complete housing application (including contract and $150 housing deposit) is required to receive a housing assignment later in the spring.
- Other students may complete the housing interest form, to indicate their desire to live on campus if space is available. As space allows, students who have completed the interest form will be notified that they can complete the housing application. This will happen on a rolling basis through the spring. Completion of the interest form does not guarantee housing or obligate a student to live on campus.
- Students with complete housing applications will have access to My College Roomie to search for and confirm roommates.
- Students who complete the housing application by 8 a.m. on March 1, 2022, will be eligible for online room selection in mid to late spring. Students who complete the application after 8 a.m. on March 1 will be assigned by HRC staff.
- HRC will prioritize rising sophomores (current freshmen who are living on campus for the first time this year, rather than sophomores by academic classification) for campus housing and they will be allowed to apply for housing before rising juniors and seniors, as long as they have completed the interest form when the application is available to them. Rising juniors and seniors (determined by years on campus rather than academic classification) will be prioritized based on the date they complete the interest form.
Returner Room Selection
Returner room selection takes place in the spring for students who meet the March 1 deadline to participate. Students eligible for room selection will receive their log in day/time by email in March. Students who do not participate in online room selection are assigned by HRC staff.