- October 3rd, 2022
- in Uncategorized
Demand for the freshman housing application was too high for the system to support when the application opened on October 3, and we regret that no one was able to complete the application. To avoid excess demand on the system and provide the best and fairest user experience, Housing and Residential Communities will temporarily implement an alternative system to complete the application beginning at 9 a.m. CT on Tuesday, October 4. The application is currently down, and no one can access the application system it until October 4. Please read this entire message for information about completing the housing application.
- Students will be able to log into their myHousing portal and click on the Housing Application, from 9 a.m. CT on Tuesday, October 4 until 5 p.m. CT on Monday, October 10. At that time, they will receive an application access number that is determined by the time they click on the application link. This is all that will happen when they initially click on the application link.
- Students will receive a confirmation email that they have received an application access number. That number is only needed by HRC staff and students do not need to remember that number.
- After receiving an application access number, students must log back in and complete the housing application any time between 9 a.m. CT on Tuesday, October 11, and 5 p.m. CT on Friday, October 14. The access number serves as a placeholder to determine a student’s place in line until they complete the application itself. Students may log in to complete their application at their convenience, as long as it by 5 p.m. CT on October 14. There is no advantage to submitting the housing application any sooner within that window, but it must be completed by 5 p.m. on October 14.
- The application access number will determine when the student can log into room selection in May, as long as they complete the housing application by the October 14 deadline. Students who experience any difficulty accessing the application in the myHousing portal (such as a message saying too many people are in the system) should wait a little while and try again, as long as it is submitted by 5 p.m. on October 14.
If a student receives an application access number and does not submit a complete housing application by October 14 at 5 p.m., they will lose their access number, and their access to room selection will be determined by when they submit a complete housing application.
Beginning at 9 a.m. CT on Tuesday, October 11, the application will be open to students whether they have an application access number or not (along as they are admitted to UA and have paid the Freshman Enrollment Deposit).
- Students with the access number will submit their housing application and the application complete date will be backdated to reflect their application access number. This will determine when they can access online room selection in May.
- Any student without an access number at that time will not receive one. They will simply complete the application, and their access to online room selection will be determined by when they complete the housing application.
Any students who initially accessed the application on October 3 and completed a part of it must still log in and receive an application access number beginning on October 4. When they return to their application to complete by October 14, they will see any information that they completed previously.
We apologize for the technical issues that affected the housing application on October 3, and we sincerely appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding.