If you have already signed a housing contract, and you will not be living on campus, you must submit a Contract Release Request. The process is the same for both the current academic year for current residents, and the upcoming academic year for incoming students.

After the Contract Release Committee reviews your request, you will be notified of the committee’s decision via your Crimson email account. For any student requesting contract release for any reason(s) other than not attending UA, please allow up to two weeks after submitting the release request form.

Please note the following:

  • This form is a request for contract release, and it is being submitted for Contract Release Committee review. You are NOT guaranteed approval unless you will not be attending UA.
  • Students will not be released from their contracts at any time to move to off-campus housing or to a sorority or fraternity house.
  • All release fees, prorated housing charges, and other charges as stipulated by the housing contract will apply, in the event that contract release is granted. If a release request is denied, the student is responsible for fulfilling all of the terms and conditions (including payment, damage fees, etc.) of the contract.
  • If the contract release request is approved, students who are still enrolled at UA will be charged a $500 cancellation fee.
  • If the contract release request is approved, all financial obligations to The University of Alabama must be satisfied before any refunds will be issued.
  • Students requesting contract release after October 10, but prior to the opening of the halls for spring semester, will be responsible for rent through the end of the fall semester. Students requesting contract release after March 1 will be responsible for rent through the end of the spring semester.

Apply for Release From Your Housing Contract

The housing contract release request form is available on mybama.ua.edu. First, the student logs in to myBama at http://mybama.ua.edu. On the Home tab, the right column is called “Currently on myBama.” Under the heading “Campus Housing,” you will see the housing application and the Housing Contract Release Request Form as shown below:

Contract Release Location Image


You may also use this direct link to go to the contract release form. (Note: you will still need to log in to myBama)