Hanging Items on Walls

When hanging items on the walls, please use the method listed for your building in order to avoid potential damage charges.

Nails or push pin holes (no wall anchors) – max 10

Blount, Bryant, Bryce Lawn, Highlands, John England Jr., Lakeside, Paty, Presidential Village, Ridgecrest, Riverside and Tutwiler

3M Command Strips

Burke and Parham

Mounting televisions and screw anchors are not permitted in any buildings.

Bed Heights

Adjust Bed Height (free)

Beds in most halls are adjustable with the maximum height listed under each building page’s specifications. Set beds heights on Move-In Day vary by each room.

In order to have your bed set to your preferred height prior to Move-In and/or request bed rails, complete a work order by July 5. If you are wanting to fit your dresser underneath your bed, make sure to include this information in the work order. Bed height requests submitted after July 5 will be completed after classes start.

To submit a work order, click on the button below to go to the myHousing portal. Once you have logged in, click on the myRoom button. On the myRoom page, you will see the “go here to complete a work order request” link to the work order form under the Maintenance Request section.

Submit a work order

Bed Risers

  • Bed risers that are 7” or shorter, purpose-built and set up following manufacturer’s instructions are allowed.
  • Loft kits that are manufactured commercially are allowed as installed by a reputable local company.

HRC does not provide risers or loft kits. If desired and allowed in the specific building, it is the student’s responsibility to bring their own risers or loft kits.

Risers and/or lofts are not permitted for Bryant, Paty, Presidential I, Presidential II, and Ridgecrest South. Handmade or constructed risers or lofts, or items not specifically built as risers (i.e. cinderblocks) are not permitted.

HRC Resources

Work Orders

For problems with air conditioning, heat, locks, leaks, and/or UA-owned appliances (dishwasher, stove, refrigerator, washer or dryer) please contact the 24-hour front desk for your area to connect with on-call staff who will assist you in contacting appropriate staff members to help solve your facility issue.

For all other requests, submit a work order.

Submit a work order

Area Desks

When campus offices are closed, each community has an RA on call who can assist you if you are locked out, have a facilities emergency, or need help with other housing-related situations.